We are houseofdotcom limited (company number 11526636), a company registered in England and Wales. Our head office is at houseof, Exmouth House, 3-11 Pine St, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 0JH
Whenever you shop with us or access our Services (our “Service”), these terms apply. We regularly update and amend these terms, so remember to check them before you shop, as the latest set will always apply. These terms do not affect your statutory rights and are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you register for an account with us, you must:
- Provide accurate account information; and
- Promptly update your account information if it changes; and
- Maintain the security of your account credentials; and
- Not share your account credentials with others; and
- Promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone, other than you, has accessed your account.
We pride ourselves on offering a tailored service, which means not everyone's experience will be the same.
You must be at least 16 years of age to access or use our Service. However some of the products sold through our Service are not suitable for under 18s. Such products are clearly highlighted during the order process and you will be aked to confirm your age.
We reserve the right to refuse to offer our Service or any part of our Service to anyone at anytime. We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of our Service for any reason at anytime. We reserve the right to amend, remove or vary our Service or any part of our Service at anytime.
We do not warrant continuous, optimised access to our Service at any specific time, from any specific location, on any specific device.
4.3 international services
Although it is possible to access our Service internationally, we do not warrant that:
- Our Service is subject to any legal jurisdiction outside of English law; or
- Our Service is completely available outside of the UK.
All orders are subject to approval. Don’t worry, if there’s an error or issue with your order, we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we spot it and give you the option of re-confirming, cancelling, or returning it for a refund.
When you pre-order a product, it will not be dispatched immeadiately but we will give you an 'estimated' disptatch date.
We work really hard to try to meet and match all estimated delivery dates but sometimes there may be delays. We will keep you as updated as we can and we will send you email confimation inlcuidng an 'actual' delivery date when your order has been dispatched. All other terms still apply.
By providing a eligible debit or credit card or other acceptable payment method, you warrant, you are:
- Authorised to use the designated payment method; and
- Authorising us to charge the designated payment method for the total amount of your order (including applicable taxes).
If your payment method cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, your order will be suspended or cancelled [s5.4].
5.3 payment with Klarna
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay later.
- Pay in three.
Further information and Klarna's user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
The contract between us is made once your order has been accepted. Your order has been accepted once:
- Payment has been approved and debited; and
- We have sent you email confirmation that your order has been accepted.
Your order will relate only to those products listed in the email confirmation.
You may be able to cancel or change your order before it has been dispatched. Your order has been dispatched once:
- Your order has been registered as dispatched by our shipping system; or
- Your order has been shipped from our warehouse.
If you want to cancel your order, please call us as soon as possible on 0330 311 9530 with:
- Your order number
We reserve the right to cancel your order at any point. Cancelled orders will be refunded using your designated payment method [s5.1].
All products are subject to availability and our inventory is subject to change at anytime, even if we have already accepted your order.
We are a very small, very busy team who try our best to ensure all our stock levels are as accurate and up to date as possible. However sometimes the number of products listed on the site may not reflect the true number of products in our warehouse. If we discover we have made an error on any goods you’ve ordered, we will tell you as soon as we spot it and give you the option of adapting your order or cancelling it. If we can’t get in touch with you, we will cancel your order.
All products listed as “out of stock” are not currently available for ordering. All products listed as “coming soon” are not currently available for ordering. All products removed from our Services are not currently available for ordering. We reserve the right to discontinue our products without prior notice, even if we have already accepted your order. We reserve the right to impose quantity limits without prior notice, even if we have already accepted your order. We reserve the right to reject all or any part of an order.
5.7 prices and descriptions
We are a very small, very busy team who try our best to ensure all our product descriptions, images, prices and promotions are as accurate and up to date as possible. However sometimes we may price up or describe a product or promotion incorrectly. If we discover we have made an error on any goods you’ve ordered, we will tell you as soon as we spot it and give you the option of re-confirming your order (with the correct details / price) or cancelling it. If we can’t get in touch with you, we will cancel your order.
It is important to note that we are under no obligation to provide any product to you at an incorrect price, even after we have accepted your order. All prices are subject to change at anytime. Changes will not affect any accepted order.
All prices include VAT (where applicable). You are responsible for any other custom duties, tariffs, taxes or fees due with respect of your order.
Deliveries don't need to be complicated, so we have tried to design our delivery policy to make it as easy as possible for you.
We offer free, express, delivery options on all orders, as part of our Service. Changes will not affect any accepted order.
When your order has been dispatched we will send you an email to confirm your ‘actual’ delivery date.
We work really hard to try to meet and match all estimated and actual delivery dates but sometimes there may be delays. We will keep you as updated as we can and you should be able to track your parcel’s progress online.
We currently only offer delivery options to UK addresses (including Highlands and Islands) and the Republic of Ireland.
6.4 missed deliveries
If you are not in when we try to deliver or if you miss our delivery, don’t worry. Through our courier service, you should be able to change your ‘actual’ delivery date, arrange for us to leave your parcel somewhere safe at the delivery address, arrange for us to deliver it to your neighbour or local shop, or come to the depot to pick it up.
We are not liable for any courier charges that may result from changes of delivery date or location. After 3 successive failed deliveries your order will be returned to our warehouse and cancelled [s5.3].
Upon delivery and receipt of your order, to your specified delivery location, you assume all risk of future damage or loss.
Returning a purchase sucks (for both of us) but we have tried to design our returns policy to make it as easy as possible for you. All returns are subject to approval.
You have 60 days (from the date of delivery) to return an item for absolutely any reason and a full refund.
After 60 days, we are under no obligation to provide you with any return or refund but give us a call and we will see what we can do. You can return your item on our returns page.
We offer free UK Parcelforce® drop off options on all orders as part of our Service. We offer free UK Parcelforce® courier collection on selected products that do not adhere to Parcelforce® drop off criteria. All return charges are subject to change at anytime. Changes will not affect any accepted return.
7.3 courier dates
For courier collections as part of our returns process you will be given the option to choose the collection date. When your courier has been booked we will send you an email to confirm your ‘actual’ collection date. We work really hard to try to meet and match all estimated and actual collection dates but sometimes there may be delays. We will keep you as updated as we can.
We currently only offer free return services to addresses in the United Kingdom (including Highlands and Islands). If you chose to return an order from outside of the UK then you assume liablity for the organisation, cost and shipment of the return.
7.6 missed collection
If you are not in when we try to collect or if you miss our collection, then you will need to re-arrange your return.
Of course, it’s fine to unbox the product, but please be careful with the packaging and don’t use or install it. All returned items should be sent back in their original condition and packaging (including tags).
If an item is returned to us incomplete, used or in an unsuitable condition, we won’t be able to give you a refund and we may have to send it back to you (and ask you to cover the delivery costs). All goods will be inspected on return.
7.8 faulty products
Our guarantee policy [s8.0] sets out how we process any items found to be faulty at the point of delivery.
7.9 incorrect items
We want to sort out any issues with incorrect items straight away. If one of the items you received isn't what you ordered, please call us as soon as possible on 0330 311 9530 with:
- Your order number
We will exchange or refund in full [s7.11], any items found to be incorrect.
Upon collection of your order, at your specified collection location, we assume all risk of future damage or loss.
We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us by mistake or returned to us outside of our returns policy and we may have to send it back to you (and ask you to cover the delivery costs). We are not responsible for any charges, incurred by any return, that does not use our standard returns process.
As soon as your return has been received and checked by our warehouse team, we will email you to let you know. As soon as your refund has been approved, we will email you to let you know. Refunds will be made using your designated payment method [s5.1]. Please allow up to 14 working days after confirmation, for your refund to appear in your account.
We offer a free, 730 day guarantee, on all our hard-wired products (including integrated LED lighting), as part of our Service. If you need to make a claim, please call us on 0330 311 9530 with:
- Your order number
- The faulty item’s name and number
- A description of the fault
You'll find all this information on your order confirmation email, which will act as your guarantee, so please it keep safe.
We inspect all guarantee claims and will repair (when possible) any items found to be faulty at the point of delivery. If we can't repair your item, we may supply spare parts instead, or replace it with an equivalent item. If no equivalent item is available, we'll either offer you the nearest equivalent or its selling price value. We will always do our best to make sure you're satisfied with the outcome.
Your guarantee does not cover:
- Consumables (for example lightbulbs or LED retrofit bulbs); or
- Products used commercially or for business purposes; or
- Products purchased or used outside of the UK; or
- Cosmetic damage (for example trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected); or
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item; or
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and / or installation guidelines; or
- Accidental damage, (for example if your item has been dropped); or
- Deliberate damage, (for example neglect).
All houseof lighting goods are produced to the European and British quality and safety standard specification and comply with current legislation. Measurements and wattages are given as a guide and may vary. Please carefully read any literature supplied with the product and closely follow any installation instructions.
10.1 promo codes
From time to time, we may give you promo codes that you can use to reduce the price of specified products. Remember, it’s up to you to enter the code during the checkout process. Each promo code has its own terms, so make sure you check when you receive any codes. Promo codes may only be valid for certain items and the majority of codes will have an expiry date. You should be able to find the terms, in the same place you found the code.
You can only use one promo code per order. Promo codes cannot be used for gift vouchers or for any delivery or collection charges. If you’re given a unique promo code, that is meant just for you, please keep it secret and don’t let anyone else use it or abuse it (e.g. don’t post it on social media). If we think there is or has been misuse of a promo code in any way (e.g. selling it or sharing it with others), we can cancel your promo code and / or suspend or even close your account without telling you.
We don’t like to do this, but if a promo code can’t run properly because someone or something is spoiling the fun for everyone (e.g. fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control that affects the running or fairness of the promo code) we reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promo code without notice and at anytime.
10.2 1st birthday event
Our 1st Birthday Event runs from 0:00 Friday 20th March 2020 to 23:59 Monday 24th of March 2020.
In accordance with our general promo terms, the code "1STBIRTHDAY" entitles you to a 10% discount on your order. This code is only valid during our 1st Birthday Event. This code can not be used in conjunction with any other promo code including multi-buy discounts. All promo products are subject to availability.
We do not currently offer houseof gift cards.
Our Services and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content are owned by or licensed to houseof and are are protected world-wide. All such rights are reserved.
You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services and our content for your own personal use. Under the terms of this license you are not allowed to:
- Sell, resell or commercially use our Services or our content; or
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display our content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors; or
- Modify our content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of our Services or Content; or
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; or
- Use our Services or our content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of our Services or our content other than as specifically authorized, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license.
Our conversation with our users is at the heart of our Service and sharing content (i.e. comments, photos, videos) is a huge part of that. If we have featured your content on our website then it is because we love your style, thoughts and vibe.
When using our Services, you agree to grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, multi-channel, multi-format, worldwide, and sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your content including any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your content. When using our Services, you agree not to post or share any content that:
- Is confidential, you have no right to disclose or do not want to be made publically available; or
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or public rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or in our sole judgement, objectionable; or
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right; or
- Does not reflect your honest views and experiences; or
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity; or
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations; or
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party; or
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
- Fails to disclose a material connection to us, if you have one.
When accessing or using our Services, you agree:
- That you are solely responsible for any content you share or post.
When providing feedback to our Service you agree that:
- Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about us or our Services, is not confidential and will become the sole property of houseof.
- We will own the exclusive rights, (including all intellectual property rights), to your feedback and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of your feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you (but that doesn't mean we won't).
We reserve the right to suspend access to our Service and close the account of any user who infringes the copyrights of others. If you believe that anything on our Service infringes any copyright that you own or control, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Service is infringing any copyright, you may to liable to houseof for any costs and damages.
It’s fine for you to link to houseof.com, as long as you do so in a way that is not-commercial, is fair and legal, and doesn’t damage or take advantage of our reputation.
Please don’t link in a way that suggests any form of approval or endorsement by houseof where none exists. Our Website must not be framed on any other site without our permission.
We really care about your experience shopping with us and we take it really seriously when someone messes with it. Although we work really hard to stop people interfering with our Services, we can’t absolutely guarantee that it will always be secure from bugs, viruses or idiots. When using our Services, you agree not to:
- Break any laws, contracts, or third-party rights; or
- Act in anyway, that might impair the functionality of our Services; or
- Act in anyway, that might impair our users from fully enjoying our Services; or
- Steal our customer’s data; or
- Use or attempt to use any automated systems or software to extract data from our website; or
- Use or attempt to use any third-party applications that interact with our Services, without our prior written consent; or
- Engage in any anti-social behaviour (i.e. harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking behaviour); or
- Attempt to use any feature of our Services that you are not authorised to use.
When accessing or using our Services, you agree:
- That you are solely responsible for your actions.
To the fullest extent permitted applicable by law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless houseof and our directors, officers, employees, partners, consultants, agents and affiliates from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses or costs arising out of or related to:
- your use or misuse of our Service; or
- your content or feedback; or
- your violation of these terms; or
- your violation of any rights of another; or
- any events outside of our reasonable control.
You agree to promptly notify us of any third party claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such claims. You further agree that the we shall have control of any the defense or settlement of any such claims.
We do not control, endorse or take responsibility for any user or third party content available on, or linked to, by our Service.
Our Service is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
You assume the entire risk as to your use of our Service. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of our Service.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better). If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint